Monday, August 20, 2007

Craziest summer EVER!!!

Well, as you can tell I haven't updated this blog in quite some time. It feels as though I have lived 3 lifetimes since the last entry.

After Natalie's birthday we packed up all our stuff and movers came and took it across the country to San Jose. We attended Matt's graduation from the ASR program before we left. He got an award for being in the top 10% of his program and then he got the Cisco Culture Award (someone who embodies what Cisco is all about). It was a good thing he brought his wife to the ceremony or he wouldn't have had enough hands to carry his awards home.

The next day the girls and I flew to my mom's house in Orange County and Matt flew to San Jose to meet the movers at our new place.

My Grandmother Stuart passed away a couple days before I came back to OC but I was able to attend her funeral. She was an amazing woman. She had 10 children, about 40 grandchildren and over 100 great-granchildren. It made me realize that at the end of our lives the only thing that really matters is our relationships with our family and friends.

A few days later my mother went to Idaho with some of her siblings to bury her mother in Idaho where my grandfather is buried. As fate would have it my sister Jackie was induced into labor while my mom was gone. Jackie asked me to come be with her and Nathan while she was in labor. It was so fun to be there when the baby was born. I even put my mom on speaker phone so she could hear the baby cry for the first time. My mom came home a few days later and was able to help Jackie when she came home from the hospital.

A few nights later my mom woke me up in the middle of the night screaming that something was wrong with my dad. I ran down to his room and he looked really pale and he said he was having trouble breathing. All of a sudden tons of blood started coming from his mouth and nose. I started screaming and my Aunt called 911. I told my mom to go get dressed so she could ride in the ambulance with him. I was alone with him for about 3 mintues before the paramedics came and I just kept telling him that I loved him and to please not die. (He told me later that it was one of the only things he remembered from his near death experience). I just knew that he wasn't go to make it this time.

Thankfully, he proved me wrong. After a 5 hour life saving surgery and a 3 week hospital stay he has returned home and life is pretty much back to normal.

Matt and I moved to San Jose and we were just miserable. There were no young couples in our ward and we just didn't feel right about being there. Matt got a call from his boss and he asked if Matt would like to relocate to either LA or New York. We decided to take the LA position and we moved AGAIN after living in San Jose for only 2 weeks.

Now I am staying at parents house and I am happy to say that we have signed a lease for an apartment in Redondo Beach. I am so excited to be close to home again.

It has been a wild and crazy summer and I can't wait to settle into my new place. I will post some pictures next week.

1 comment:

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

WOW Rach! What a summer! Scary, crazy, great. I am glad everyone is healthy and ok. Congrats to your hubby for his great work!

It was SOOOO fun to see you at Brie's reception. Hopefully we will see you in October!! =)

Talk to you soon!