Monday, May 19, 2008

First Dance Recital


Natalie had her first dance recital this weekend. She is in a jazz hip-hop class with other girls ages 3-5. The week of the recital she had 3 practices plus a 4 hour dress rehearsal. By the time the actual recital came around Natalie was worn out but she was excited to perform when she found out we would actually be watching her in the audience this time.

Getting Natalie ready for her recital brought back a lot of baton memories especially when I sprayed endless amounts of hairspray in her hair. We had great seats too. It definitely pays off to be friends with the dance teacher!!! Their routine is called "Who Let the Frogs Out?" Natalie is the second one in from the left.

9 comments:

Jaclyn Brown said...

She was awesome! I thought she was the best frog on stage!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Aw, it says the video is no longer available :( You have to repost! I wanna see!

Matt said...

it should work now

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

So cute!!! I've never heard that version...hilarious. I love all the hopping around. Our recital is this week too. We just had a 3 hour dress rehearsal tonight. I thought that was bad enough, but 4 hours and 3 other practices??? yikes! I think Abby is excited though. It's been fun being able to teach her very first dance class this year.

stephanie said...

that was so funny. i'm so glad you recorded the whole thing. priceless!

julie said...

wow! quite a nice production! loved it :)

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh - that's so cute - I can totally imagine her face... I have now had "who let the frogs out" stuck in my head more than once...

Rhonda Riley said...

Give that girl a baton! Ha! I finally got to see the video and OBVIOUSLY I loved it...especially her little wave at the end...fun g'ma stuff...love, momda

The NC Merrill's said...

LOVED it!