I wanted to record some things about the girls before I forget them.
My nephew Ryan went to the MTC last week. We went to his farewell and then Matt was able to help set him apart. This took place after church at my sister's house. During the blessing Natalie ran up to the circle and started saying, "Daddy" and trying to pull him out. I was trapped in the back of the room holding Sabrina but luckily my mom saw what was going on and grabbed her. I took her back into the other room and she started sobbing. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I don't want Daddy to leave on a mission...I want him to stay with us!"
I mopped the floor yesterday after a Popsicle melted and Sabrina walked across it and slipped a little and said, "Whoa...the floor is so slippely." At this moment she is currently serenading Daddy by singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin and she knows every word. She's making Matt sing the Aladdin part and she is singing the Jasmine part. She's ready to audition for Disney!
Sabrina also loves to play with her little princesses figurines. She is always telling them how beautiful they are or she is bossing them around and telling them they're in time out. She is so good at playing make-believe. She would do it all day if I let her.
I also hurt my neck really bad this week and have been going to the chiropractor. I have had an ice pack on my shoulder for practically the whole week. Today Sabrina woke up and yelled, "my neck hurts...I need an ice pack!" She speaks so well it's hard to remember she's just barely 2.
I have a lot about Sabrina this time. She is soooo into doing things all by herself. Mainly getting dressed, putting on shoes, brushing teeth and hair and getting into and out of the car. Her new one is sunscreen but I put the lid on that one pretty quick. She can often be heard to say, "I can do it myself I SAID!!!" That's her warning to step off or a tantrum is coming your way. We are often late to well...everything because of this. We have to get ready to leave about 20 minutes earlier than usual just to be on time.
Natalie is great. Now that she is 4 her toddler years are truly behind her. It's pretty scary and exciting to see her turning into a real little girl. She won't even change her clothes in front of Matt. She is swimming so good. After she got pushed off the side of the pool in swim lessons I thought we were done for but she got a new teacher and it has made all the difference. It helps that teacher is one of my friends and Natalie knows her super well. There is more trust I think. She is swimming all over the place now. She still has a long way to go but she had made tons of progress this year. She hasn't even worn her arm floaties. Hopefully by next year she will be a pro.
If you actually read all this...whoa...you must really care a lot about my kids. Thanks!!!
8 comments:
It's hard to imagine Sabrina talking so well! She's just a baby! Well not anymore, but when I remember her she is still the little baby. Also, I am queen of the long blog entries! I read your whole entry and yes, I do care about your girls! :)
i read it all :) i care more than a lot about your kiddies!
Cute stuff. Your girls have such great personalities- I'll read long blogs about them anytime!
Too funny about Natalie thinking Daddy was going on a mission. Poor kid she sure must love her daddy. :)
I love all the funny things the kids say...Sabrina really is speaking (& singing) well That's how Abby was too. Noah is saying a lot, but it's hard to understand him sometimes. He loves to sing too. It's so cute.
I'm glad Natalie is doing better with swimming lessons...how scary to get pushed in. Abby's been wanting to do swimming lessons. She and Noah LOVE the water.
Great post! Keep 'em coming! :)
Sorry, I used the wrong username that doesn't link back to me in my last comment.
Oh well! Now you have an extra comment. haha!
so many funny stories. i remember at mom & dad's last week - or whenever it was - that natalie was concerned about other people seeing her change! i love the story about sabrina's independence and the "i can do it myself i said" attitude. that's how hannah is, and as big of a pain it is to wait for her to do something herself, while i could do it lickety split, i always have to remind myself that it's a good thing that she WANTS to be independent & do it herself. it was fun reading all those stories.
Of course I read every word...I'm the g'ma :) I love it!!!
THose are SOOO cute! I love the slippely and Aladdin. Man would our girls play all day and night! That is too sweet and sad about Natalie thinking Matt was leaving. What an angel. That is AWESOME about Natalie swimming. I know I swam when I was her age, but I look at Caitlyn , and she is going to be one of those people from back East who show up to BYU and still don't know how to swim. BOOOHOOOO HOOO. =( =} Sad day. You are such a good mom!!!
Post a Comment