Sabrina was playing in the front room yesterday and the end of Heroes happened to be on. Sabrina went over to the TV and was mesmerized by the last 2 minutes and then it dramatically ended "to be continued..." Sabrina turned around and look at me and said, "Mom...what's going to happen next?" I told her she would have to watch next week to find out.
Sabrina is also giving up nap time. The only good thing is that now she goes to bed at 6:30. On Monday though I knew she needed a nap. She had woken up at 5:30 am and she was tired. I laid her down in her pack n' play to keep her from playing with her toys but as soon as I laid her down she just climbed out. I put her back in and as soon as I shut the door she climbed out again. We played this game for about 20 minutes. I put her down again for like the 10th time and a few minutes later I could hear her playing with her little kitchen. I walked in and she turned around, dropped the dishes, and put both her arms straight up into the air waiting for me to pick her up and put her back down again. I was laughing at this point and decided to just hold her for a few minutes and she pretty much fell asleep immediately. I'm giving up on naps...it's not worth it.
Natalie has been learning the articles of faith in Primary.
N: Mom...what does transrussian mean?
Me: What?
N: Trans...russian!
Me: I don't know Natalie.
N: Man will be punished for his own sins and not for Adams transrussian.
Me: Transgression not transrussian.
N: Ohhh...
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, just this week, Kamryn has been showing signs of giving up naptime. She didn't take any naps on Saturday or Sunday, napped on Monday, no nap yesterday and today, I got her to lay down with me in my bed and she finally did fall asleep. Yeah, it's becoming a battle and I think I just need to except that my child may soon be growing out of regular naptime.
I love it! THose girls are so funny! Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!
That's funny. Ella's favorite song to sing is the first article of faith. We hear it all day long. Hope the cooking class was good. Rach
I've flown from Moscow to Siberia. I think that makes me Transrussian.
Rachel, I just found your blog and it is so fun to read. Your girls are very sweet and I love how you write about them and the pictures are adorable.
Funny!
PS. You asked for a memo....it is on my blog. ;)
transrussian...that's hilarious.
Noah's naps are disappearing too, but I haven't been so lucky with the early bed time yet. :P
I say fighting for the naps is sooo worth it. My kids would usually give in and nap and when you hear the silence in the house- no matter how hard you had to work to get it- it is SO WORTH IT!
Hope all is well- going back to work is probably a little crazy!!
No more naps? I LIVE for Donny's naps!
Post a Comment