Friday, April 10, 2009

Going to Bed


Sabrina has been fighting us at bedtime lately. She cries and cries and says she doesn't want to go to bed. It takes us about an hour to get her to sleep. We never had this problem with Natalie. Once we put her in bed she never even thought of getting out.

At the library last week I found a book called I Don't Want to Go to Bed. It's about a little Tiger that won't go to bed so his mommy lets him stay up all night and he realizes it's not that great and that he is really tired and he falls asleep. Sabrina makes us read her this book at least two times every night before she goes to bed.

A couple nights ago when she was throwing a fit about going to bed I told her that all her friends were asleep. We named each of her friends and all her cousins and talked about how they were all in bed asleep except for her. She thought about that and then said, "I guess me and the little Tiger are the only ones that don't wanna go to bed!"

Matt started laughing and that made me laugh. She's never said "I guess" before and I think that's one of the longest sentences she's ever said. She eventually went to bed. Any tips out there?

1 comment:

Rhonda Riley said...

My only suggestion is this...keep writing all the funny stuff down so someday when she is a teenager and wants to sleep all the time you can go back and laugh at the 'past' experiences! She's obviously got the 'anti-riley' gene...she should be going to sleep by 7:00 and getting up at 4:00...hmmmm...