Thursday, April 24, 2008

Recent conversations

Lately Natalie and Sabrina have been playing with barbies and little Disney figurines together. Natalie is usually the boss of who gets what character and Sabrina just goes with the flow. This time Natalie was a princess and Sabrina was one of the princes.

N: Will you marry me?
S: YEAH!
N: Then do it!

I already feel sorry for the poor sap that ends up coerced into marrying her.

Sabrina has figured out how to put 3 words together and catches us off guard with her funny little sentences. She asked for an orange Popsicle the other night because that's the color Natalie's always after. I didn't think Sabrina would notice if I gave her a red one because she doesn't really know her colors yet and she looked at me with this look of disgust and said, "This is red!" She's apparently passed the age of being tricked.

The other day Natalie was trying to tape a picture she colored up in her room and I heard a big rip and then I heard Natalie say, "What the frick?" I asked her to come see me and to repeat what she had said to make sure I hadn't heard her wrong. She repeated it the same way and I told Matt later and he just looked at me like what do you expect. It's frightening to see yourself reflected back to you in your kids. I need to watch my mouth that's for sure!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

that exchange really made me laugh. then do it!! ha ha. so i love sabrina's personality. i can't believe how she's growing up! 3 word sentences wow! i wish we could see you guys more often...

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

hahahahaha!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

HAHA!!! HI-LARIOUS!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Tami said...

Kids are little sponges...it's kind of scary!