Friday, January 25, 2008

Code Blue

It finally happened. I had my first code blue today since returning back to work. My elderly patient was choking on her dinner and a nearby nurse jumped onto her bed and did the Heimlich maneuver. The patient was still choking pretty bad so we called a code blue and after a few minutes the food came up and she was ok. Today was so busy at work. I felt like a crazy person running around all day.

Please tell me! Do I look really young? Someone thought I was in high school and then someone else thought I was 21. When I look in the mirror I see...well I don't see a 21 year old. Matt was telling me people at his work usually think he is 24 or 25. (It could be worse...right Brooke?). Matt is so excited when he finds a gray hair. He wants to go prematurely white...he thinks it will make him look distinguished.

This blog entry is really random. I just needed to vent after work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do look young... but I wouldn't say that you look like you are in Highschool! Have you seen those kids these days? They look like they are 10... And about the whole Matt and gray thing... I am the same way, I think it looks really cool. I love my grandma's hair!

Rhonda Riley said...

You are just a baby!!! Enjoy looking young...and beautiful :) I can never imagine being a nurse...I would scream too much, right? 'You say you are choking? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!' THAT'S my heimlich treatment. love to you!! momda

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

You are beautifully young, stylish, and fresh looking...not immature.
I freak at gray hair - I wish I had Matt's perspective. I am graying and wrinkling and yet I am not even 30...this is so not fair. Sometimes I feel too young to have 2 kids, and yet I feel like those 80 year olds with long gray pony tails...I am trying too hard to look young or something...how can I feel both of those? Hope tomorrow is a better day.

brooke said...

Yes, it is much worse when people think you're 12, or ask you if you're old enough to sit in the exit row.

I did see those gray hairs on Matt's head. I'll have to congratulate him next time I see him!

stephanie said...

i have to ditto my mom on the can't imagine being a nurse thing. i don't know how you do it. maybe that's why they pay you the big bucks. sorry you had a crazy day!

yes, you do look young, but you look beautiful. :) enjoy it before you get all wrinkly eyes like i'm starting to get. i must say that it's weird to look at pictures of myself from just 5 years ago or so and see such a difference in my skin. wow! anywho...i think that matt wants to go white because he wants to look like my grandpa riley in that sweet portrait of him that always hung in their living room. the dude was handsome.