Monday, January 21, 2008

Sickos

Natalie and I are both sick. She has some sort of stomach virus and I have a terrible cold with body aches. Luckily, Sabrina and Matt are still healthy. It's amazing to me at how often I get sick. I just got over a cold about 3 weeks ago and here I am again. I always seem to get sick when I am super stressed and I guess I have been these last couple weeks. I think I can count on my hands how many times Matt has been sick since we've been married. He usually never gets a cold but he will lose his voice and get a little cough.

The best was the night Natalie was born and Matt spent it in MY hospital bathroom throwing up. I asked the nurse if she could get him some gatorade and she informed me there was a vending machine on the first floor. Thanks a lot. He went home to recover and came back to the hospital to be with me the next night. I woke up in the morning and he was gone. A little while later he staggered into my room and said he had been in the ER with chest pain. He had severe inflammation in his esophagus from throwing up so much and to him it felt like chest pain.

Another memorable sick moment for me was when I passed out in front of my nursing class during our lab and hit my head on the counter top on the way down. I later found out that everyone was really excited to practice their nursing skills on me. They took my blood pressure and pulse and even wheeled me out to a car where someone drove me to the student health center.

Hopefully, we'll be better soon and I will post some pics that I downloaded from my cell phone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that you better be feeling better in 19 days for Hawaii!!! Or better yet 12... cus that is when I am going to be down there!!!

Anonymous said...

I WILL be better!

stephanie said...

i didn't realize that matt never gets sick! although i do remember that he got sick when natalie was born - good timing!!!
i'm sorry but i had to laugh when i read about you passing out in your nursing lab! sounds like something that would happen to me. why did you pass out? were you looking at something icky?
i hope you're feeling better!!