Thursday, November 29, 2007

Taco Bell


There is a Taco Bell a couple blocks away from our house and we pass it every time we drive home. Natalie has been there a few times so she knows when we're driving by. Yesterday on the way home (from possibly the worst shopping trip ever with a 3 year old and 1 year old) as we passed Taco Bell Natalie started singing...

to the tune of Jingle Bells

"Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco all the way!"

It made my day!

For the first time in her life Sabrina did not take a nap yesterday. She is usually such a good sleeper. So she went to bed at 6 pm and of course woke up at 3:30 yelling for "wa-wa!" I brought her some water and then a half hour later I could still hear her talking to herself so I went back in and climbed behind her crib (my favorite thing to do at 4 am) and found her binky. I got her favorite silky blanket and laid her down. She looked right at me and clear as day said, "Thank you!" I told her she was welcome and we all went back to sleep. 

Her little voice is so cute and she is learning so many words. She tries to say Natalie and it comes out as "Na-na" which is confusing because that is also the same word for banana. Binky and blanket are also the same word, "bi-bi" not to be confused with "baby." The word game is fun and there are still words and phrases Natalie comes up with and we have no idea what she is saying. We figure she must be learning spanish from Dora. 

3 comments:

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

That is the cutest picture! Natalie looks SO grown up and so pretty! Sabrina is as sweet as ever! I can't believe she has NEVER NOT napped! MAN!!! She IS the best! The jingling tacos CRACKED me up! THat is awesome! Also, the "thank you" in the middle of the night. What a riot. Thanks for sharing!

stephanie said...

funny funny post. it's one of those things that'll stick - taco bell to the tune of jingle bells. :)

isn't it funny when you hear their little voices when they're starting to talk. hannah's voice still is pretty funny to me...poor girl, doug and i always make fun of her. in a loving way of course. anyway, cute headband on her!

brooke said...

Your girls are so funny! I'm still laughing at this post. I've got to remember to right down Hannah's antics so that when she's older I can tell her all of the silly things that she did.